oastal & O
roduction & O
) works closely with a growing collection of International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES)
and Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research (SCOR)
plankton ecology and plankton time series-focused scientific working groups.
Through this interaction and participation, advanced and theoretical concepts and ideas are exchanged between COPEPOD and the working group experts.
COPEPOD benefits from this collaboration by pursuing the data types and products most needed by the scientific community.
(What better way to know what the data-using scientists actually want and need than to work with them directly!)
COPEPOD also has taken the lead on a variety of working group publications and professional products, such as the ICES Zooplankton Status Report series
, and its companion ICES Phytoplankton & Microbial Plankton Status Report series
COPEPOD is providing a support role within the following working groups:
- The IOC/UNESCO International Group for Marine Ecological Time Series ( IGMETS.net )
- The ICES Working Group on Zooplankton Ecology ( WGZE.net )
- The ICES Working Group on Phytoplankton & Microbial Plankton Ecology ( WGPME.net )
- The IOC/UNESCO working group to investigate climate change and global Trends of Phytoplankton in the Ocean ( TrendsPO.net )
- The SCOR Global Comparisons of Zooplankton Time Series working group (WG125)
- The SCOR Global Patterns of Phytoplankton Dynamics in Coastal Ecosystems ( WG137.net )